Awesome Waterbeds’ Return & Warranty Policies
Our goal at Awesome Waterbeds is to provide the highest quality products and services at the guaranteed lowest rock bottom pricing. However, we understand that sometimes there may be a problem. To make your shopping experience as trouble-free as possible, we offer a fair and simple 30 day return policy.
Please be aware that a new mattress and/or pillow is “new” to you, and therefore, different from what you were used to. It is not uncommon to need a few weeks for a period of adjustment for your muscles to become used to a new support system. No matter how bad your old mattress was, you were used to it. An apt analogy is starting a new exercise routine. You may also have to “play” with the temperature and/or water level to tweak it to your fancy. Increasing your bed’s temperature expands the water as if you have added more water. Decreasing temperature shrinks the water level; think how a thermometer works.
The return process is both fair and simple and this is the way it works:
- If you decide to keep your purchase then the shipping is free.
- If you wish to return an item, you need to contact us. Packages sent to us without an RMA number will be returned to customers at their expense. Our shipping department has many packages coming and going every day and they will not recognize random arrivals.
- If for any reason you wish to return any product within the 30 days after we have shipped your order, you will be responsible for the original “free shipping” that we paid to ship your original order to you plus an additional 15% restocking/repackaging/inspection fee.
- We can pay for your “free shipping” only if you keep your merchandise.
- We do not pick up any products in the event of a non-warranty return. It is your responsibility to pay and ship all the merchandise back to our Fulton warehouse in the original or same quality packing materials including all of the original enclosed literature and materials as well as a copy of your original invoice.
What cannot be returned:
- Sheets, mattress pads, pillows and/or other linens. This is for your protection also; no one wants to sleep on used linens – Defective sheets, mattress pads, pillows and/or other linens will be exchanged only. Color is not considered a defect.
- Waterbed liners that have been opened from their original packaging and unfolded.
- Waterbed heaters that have been used – Defective heaters will be exchanged only.
- Waterbed padded rails; they are custom built to order – Defective ones will be replaced only.
- Hardside waterbed covers that have been used; see linens above – Defective ones will be replaced only.
- Waterbed mattresses that have had water placed in them. They come from the factory vacuum packed and dry – Defective mattresses (first fill leakers) must have the defective seam marked with a magic marker, call us and you will be told how to handle the replacement. If your new waterbed mattress arrives NOT vacuum packed, call or email us immediately before filling. Filled waterbed mattresses may be exchanged. Please see below.
Can my waterbed mattress/liner be returned if I do not put any water in it?
- Yes they can, as long as they are returned pre-paid within the 30 day return period in the original, unopened packaging. Your refund will be less the 15% restocking/repackaging/ inspection fee and your original “free shipping” freight charges that we paid.
Can my waterbed mattress be returned if I’ve put water in it and prefer to trade up in firmness?
- If you are within the 30 days then you may exchange the mattress for another mattress of equal or greater value (you would pay the difference).
- This is allowed only once.
- You will have to pay for the shipping cost of the second mattress. The first mattress will be treated as a return, see above.
When does my trial period start?
Who pays the shipping to return a product?
- The date that your order arrives at your house as evidenced by the shipping company.
When is the latest that I can ship my order back to you?
- Return shipping costs are solely the responsibility of you, the customer. All packages sent freight COD or without an RMA number will be returned to the customer at their expense.
What if my order arrives damaged?
- All returns must be dropped off at the shipper by the 30th day of your trial period. We cannot accept returns outside of this time period. We will only allow up to one exchange for all returns. Excessive reorders will not be accepted.
Can I cancel my order after it has shipped?
- If there is obvious shipping damage you must refuse the shipment and note the damage on the shipper’s bill of lading. Please have the driver sign (witness the damage) also. Contact us immediately at 1-888-288-4523 so we can issue an immediate replacement shipment at our cost. Please do NOT sign for anything without first noting damage on the receipt including just box damage. This is the only way that you can protect the investment of your order. You can find more information in our Shipping Policies section.
What if I refuse my order when it arrives?
- No, however you may return your ordered products under the same terms as a return. Obtain an RMA number for your return and ship it back to our Fulton warehouse.
Can I use the original boxes/packaging?
- Unless there is the rare problem of shipping damage, you will be responsible for the same terms as a return; meaning payment of the original “free shipping”, the return shipping and the 15% restocking/repackaging/inspection fee. Please be aware that shipments of your orders may come from our warehouse in Fulton or from one of several regional warehouses and/or manufacturers shipped directly to you that are located throughout the States. All returns, however, must be shipped back to our warehouse in Fulton. If a product is refused and shipped back to a direct ship warehouse or manufacturer other than our Fulton warehouse, the extra shipping costs to return it from there to our Fulton warehouse will be also be deducted from your refund. It is easier and less expensive for both of us for you to accept the order, obtain a RMA number, and ship it back to our Fulton warehouse for a refund.
- Yes, if you are fairly sure that it will make the second trip safely. It is your responsibility that returns arrive at our Fulton warehouse intact with original packaging, literature and enclosures for you to receive your expected refund. We encourage you to purchase tracking when you return an order. You are responsible in the event of a lost package. For this reason please send your returns back to us by FEDEX or UPS. If you choose to use the Post Office, please purchase delivery confirmation to protect your investment. For the same reason purchase enough insurance to cover the value of your return.
How do I start the return process:
- Once an order is placed with Awesome Waterbeds, there is no guarantee that it can be cancelled. Part of our fast, superior service to you is our automated order processing. You must contact our Customer Service department and receive an email or fax confirmation that your order has been cancelled. Once an order has been shipped, it is the customer’s responsibility to return any products according to the above Return Policy guidelines. If you refuse a shipment without our authorization, you will be responsible for shipping in both directions and the 15% restocking/ repackaging/inspection fee.
In a nutshell, simply do the following steps, the details follow below:
- Contact AwesomeWaterbeds.com to receive your (RMA) Return Merchandise Authorization number.
- Once your RMA number is created an email with detailed instructions will be sent to you.
- This number will let us know to expect your return and will provide you with a detailed list of items to be returned.
- Once your return is received and inspected you will be sent a credit memo that alerts you to the fact that your return has been received and inspected by us. It will also detail the amount that you should expect to be refunded to the same account that it was originally charged to. Most refunds take between 3 and 10 days to process after the returned merchandise is received in the Fulton warehouse.
- Include a copy of your original invoice.
How can I get this RMA (Returned Merchandise Authorization) number?
All returns must be shipped to the following address even if shipped from a regional warehouse or direct shipped from one of our manufacturers directly to you. Please note: your 30 days starts when you receive your product not when you use your product.
“Insert your RMA number here”
c/o Awesome Sleep, Inc.
2087 State Route 48
Fulton, NY 13069
Returns are not considered received until they arrive at the Fulton warehouse.
What if I don’t return the promotional items that were offered with another product?
The full value of the promotional products will be deducted from your refund. Promotional pricing is offered with the purchase of a qualifying product. If the qualifying product is returned then the promotional products must also be returned to receive your full refund.
Warranties on the products we sell are manufacturer’s warranties, not store warranties, although on the rare occasion that you encounter a defect in a product we have sold you, we will try to assist you in handling the warranty properly and expeditiously.
Warranty issues are returns caused by a manufacturer’s defect (i.e. a first fill leaker in a waterbed mattress).
- As per the policies stated above, you will still need an RMA number to authorize your return.
- If you need a warranty replacement within any of the product’s trial period, we will waive the shipping cost for the second shipping charges and the standard 15% restocking/repackaging/ inspection fee. In the case of a waterbed mattress, defects are generally seam, corner or valve leaks. Leaks in the body of the mattress are considered accidental punctures, and can be repaired with a patch kit.
- If you are outside of the trial period and need warranty replacement, we will help you deal with the specific manufacturer. It is your responsibility to save your warranty and receipts as they are your proof of purchase. Please note that in most cases a credit card statement will not be considered by a manufacturer as sufficient proof of purchase.
- Outside of the trial period, shipping costs and other charges are not covered under warranty and as such, are the responsibility of the consumer.
- No refunds will be issued for bedding damaged due to improper laundering or handling. All returned items will be inspected by our service department to determine the existence of a defect. We reserve the right to option to replace, repair, deny return or issue credit. In the rare case of a denied return, we will contact the customer to determine what they want done with their product. All shipping costs outside of the trial period are the responsibility of the purchaser.
Placing an order with Awesome Waterbeds will be your acceptance of the above Return and Warranty policies. If you do not agree to these policies then we ask that you please purchase elsewhere. Thank you.